Monday, October 12, 2009

It's been a while...

But, what with school, writing, reading, fall television and movies to devote time to, what time does that leave for more trivial things such as blog posts? Little time, that's for certain.

Coming up next week, likely Wednesday at the earliest, is my labor of love: my Top Movies of All Time rankings. Have Flickchart to thank for getting the ball rolling on my list.

For those unaware of what this Flickchart is, here's the short rundown. Flickchart pulls two films from its ever-growing database. Assuming you've seen both, you choose the victor of the Flickfight. Not seen one or both? Click, "Haven't seen it," and you won't see it again (not until you tell Flickchart you've seen it, that is). Flickchart'll then dredge up another film. And the process repeats itself until rankings begin to form based on your choices. At first, they'll be rough. Let Flickchart become an obsession of yours, however, and your rankings'll find themselves sorted out soon enough.

All I did was go about and accelerate the process, using my Flickchart rankings as a launching point. Took them, threw them into a Word document, and set about cutting and pasting movies around, tidying up the list. Tidied up the Top 50 the first day. Top 100 the next. And this process'll go on till my Top 400+, containing every film I've seen as of the date of its completion, vaguely resembles some form of accurate, personal rankings. The results, I'll post here for you all to view, debate, what have you.

Might simplify by limiting it to the Top 100 and Bottom 100; can imagine the reactions'd be the strongest in that case. Oh, I can imagine the backlash the ranking of some films, namely a couple in my Bottom 100, might cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment